Quality sleep is essential for children’s growth and development
Quality sleep is essential for children’s growth and development. A decent night sleeps will help them to:
- Do better at school
- Have a more developed memory
- Be less susceptible to colds and other illnesses
- Be less irritable! 😉
While for adults the recommended amount of sleep is 7-9 hours (obviously this is just an average recommendation and everybody is different), for children the recommended hours of sleep each day is:
- Newborn babies up to 1 month: 15 to 16 hours including naps
- Infants 1 to 12 months: 14 to 15 hours including naps
- Children 1 to 3 years: 12 to 14 hours including naps
- Children 3 to 6 years: 10 to 12 hours including naps
- Children 7 to 12 years: 10 to 11 hours
- Teenagers 12 to 18 years: 8 to 9 hours
As our children get older, they also are more susceptible to anxiety, worries, stress and can often struggle to switch off and go to sleep at night. How often are your kids still awake an hour after putting them or sending them to bed?!
What we at TEN PM recommend is a healthy evening routine for children – just as we do for adults. Even better – our products are completely child friendly and what kid wouldn’t love a hot chocolate drink and tasty cookie before bed?! And as a parent can you think of anything better than ‘treating’ your kids with a healthy snack and warm drink before bed, knowing that it’ll help calm any of their worries and help them to get a good night’s sleep and be ready for the next day ahead!