5 Ways The Night Drink Eliminates Stress, Promotes Deep Sleep, Boosts Immunity (And More!)
It's hard to be healthy all the time. What with juggling work, family and social obligations, it’s always tempting to have a drink at the end of the day to help us wind down.
But what about a nightcap that’s delicious and good for you?
Meet the Night Drink, a hot chocolate that doesn’t contain any preservatives or unhealthy ingredients - but is packed with delicious chocolatey flavour!
This cup of heaven contains 7 sleep-inducing ingredients that support relaxation and deeper sleep but there’s a lot more to gain from indulging in this hot chocolate!
Here are 5 reasons why the Night Drink is the key to a healthier life.
1. Feeling Anxious? The Night Drink Can Calm Your Stress.
2. Fall Asleep Faster With Zinc & Magnesium.
3. Its Organic Cacao Supports Heart Health.
4. Feeling Groggy? L-Glycine Improves Your Focus and Memory.
5. Support Your Bones And Immune System With Calcium And Iron.
Conclusion: Boost Your Health With The Night Drink.
Feeling Anxious? The Night Drink Can Calm Your Stress.
Most of us experience stress on a regular basis, in fact, 74% of UK adults have felt so stressed at a certain point that they felt completely overwhelmed.
Besides the toll this takes on your mental health, stress can also weaken your immune system.
When you're stressed, your body produces hormones like cortisol and adrenaline. These hormones can suppress your immune system, making you more susceptible to illness. Stress can also cause inflammation, which can lead to a variety of health problems.
The Night Drink is made with key ingredients that reduce stress and anxiety:
L-theanine: An amino acid found in green tea that decreases stimulating brain chemicals that contribute to stress and anxiety. L-theanine also increases neurotransmitters such as GABA that promote the feeling of relaxation.
So if you're stressed out and struggling to keep your head above water, sit back and relax with a warming cup of the Night Drink.
Its blend of calming ingredients eases tension and gives you the peace of mind you need. Letting go has never been easier!
Fall Asleep Faster With Zinc & Magnesium.
When we don’t get enough rest, our bodies can’t repair properly and recover from the day’s activities. This can lead to a host of health problems, from weight gain and depression to heart disease and stroke.
We understand the importance that sleep has on your wellbeing, which is why we infused the Night Drink with zinc and magnesium. Here are a few ways these two minerals support your sleep:
- Both zinc and magnesium support the synthesis of melatonin, the sleep hormone by transforming tryptophan into serotonin and, finally, serotonin into melatonin.
- Magnesium has been shown to help people feel calmer by stimulating the parasympathetic nervous system (the system responsible for making you feel relaxed).
- Zinc prevents you from waking up in the middle of the night and supports restorative sleep. As zinc helps you to sleep more deeply and soundly, this encourages your body's natural ability to grow and repair muscles and tissues.
Strengthen Your Immune System With Calcium And Iron.
Constantly feeling under the weather prevents us from doing so many of the things we love. Instead, we end up spending more time with tissue and ibuprofen than we do with our friends!
Luckily, cacao is a great (and delicious) way to support your immune system.
It is a surprisingly good source of essential nutrients like calcium and iron. A single serving of cacao contains more calcium than a glass of milk and more iron than a spinach salad!
So what do these essential minerals provides for our bodies?
Iron: This mineral plays a fundamental role in the human body because it is one of the key components of haemoglobin, which is the part of your red blood cells that transport oxygen in our blood. It also plays a role in our immune system, cell growth and energy production.
Calcium: Most people think that calcium only supports healthy bones and teeth, but it is also vital for blood clotting, muscle contraction, regular heart rhythms and nerve functions. Not to mention it’s vital role in alerting the immune system to viruses and bacteria.
So, ward off future colds and start feeling your best with the Night Drink.
Support Your Heart Health With Organic Cacao.
Heart disease is widespread in the UK - it accounts for 25% of all deaths!
Plus, high blood pressure is the 2nd greatest risk for disease and disability worldwide, with nearly 50% of all strokes and heart problems caused by narrow arteries.
The Night Drink contains over 60% of organic cacao powder, which not only creates a rich, chocolatey and delicious taste but also provides an abundance of health benefits such as:
- Organic cacao powder contains 40 times the antixodiants in blueberries! These improve cholesterol and blood sugar levels, ultimately reducing the risk of heart disease.
- It contains another powerful antioxidant agent called flavonoids known to have anti-inflammatory and vasodilatory properties. Put simply, they help to reduce inflammation and prevent blood clots.
- These flavonoids also help to repair hardened arteries. This occurs when substances such as fat and cholesterol accumulate in the walls of arteries which can partially block them. However, flavonoids stimulate the arteries' lining, increasing blood flow.
So if you're ever feeling guilty about indulging in a chocolate drink, remember that you’re doing your heart a favour!
Feeling Groggy? L-Glycine Improves Your Focus and Memory.
It's maddening when your brain feels groggy. You can't focus, make decisions and any tasks you hoped to complete are a slow struggle.
But the Night Drink can enhances your memory and focus! How? Through L-Glycine and Cacao.
L-Glycine: Glycine is vital for central nervous system neurotransmission, so by increasing glycine levels, you may be able to reduce negative mental states, improve cognition and mood and boost memory. L-Glycine's ability to stimulate serotonin also enhances memory and cognitive function.
To learn more about L-Glycine, head to our blog on How L-Glycine Can Help You Snooze Quickly!
Cacao: The flavonoids found in cacao enter and build up in brain regions responsible for memory and learning - specifically, the hippocampus. Flavanoids also boost brain oxygenation, which improves mental focus and attention span.
With its unique blend of L-Glycine and cacao powder, the Night Drink is just what you need to keep your mind sharp all day.
Its Never Been So Delicious To Support Your Health!
It's a horrible feeling when you don’t feel yourself. Whether it’s anxiety, illness or tiredness, all these things hold you back from living the life you want.
But the Night Drink is your new secret weapon to a healthier life.
This delicious hot chocolate tastes heavenly and is packed with heart-healthy, cognitive-supporting, anxiety-reducing, and sleep-promoting benefits.
And as if that wasn't enough, it's 100% natural, gluten-free and low in calories and fat so that you can indulge guilt-free!